Welcome to Mother’s Restaurant!
DINE IN Table Service New Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily, Seven days a week! (view menu).
SHIPPING (nationwide) Ship Nationwide Now with Goldbelly®
Stay safe, y’all!
Mother’s Restaurant opened its doors in 1938 on Poydras Street’s “Restaurant Row”, situated between a thriving waterfront and the courthouse. Owners Simon
and Mary (Mother) Landry and his large family cooked up po’ boys for lines of longshoremen and laborers, newspapermen and attorneys.
During and after World War II, Mother’s became a local hang-out for “the few and the proud” – the U.S. Marine Corps. The Marine spirit was in the family – five of the seven Landry children (five sons and two daughters) joined the Marine Corps. Francis Landry was the first woman in Louisiana to be accepted into the Corps. This special association with the Marines earned Mother’s the title of “TUN Tavern New Orleans” in the late ’60s. The original TUN tavern was the official birthplace of the Marines during the Revolutionary War.read more
For over 22 years Oda Mae Peters ran the roost in the kitchen at Mother’s...
Mr. Ferdi, a local merchant and regular Mother’s patron, probably had nothing...
Not to be outdone, Ferdi’s nephew Ralph one-upped his eccentric uncle by requesting...
Ever picked the shavings off a freshly carved roast? When a customer asked Simon Landry...
Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day,
Easter Sunday and Mothers Day.
|There are no products|